Hyperlinks changing location when attached to email in Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• I'm supposed to send out a spreadsheet to over 200 people with links to documents in PDF format. While my coworker can do this from within Excel or attach them to an email, and have no problem with people accessing the links from their end. When I do it, sometimes it works, if I mess with it for about 20 minutes and save it this way or that. I'm not all that tech savvy, but I can see that the location of the file changes once it is attached to the email. It changes to a that is under my own files, and not the share drive that it is originally from, making it not work once it gets sent because the people accessing it do not have that location on their own drives.

HELP!!!! How do I fix this??  It is becoming a real issue!

Thursday, October 25, 2018 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi WSHGAL,

This forum(Excel for Developers) is for development issues related to Excel Object Model and your problem is more related to outlook product, so I would move this thread into Outlook IT Pro Discussions.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Yuki

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Friday, October 26, 2018 2:38 AM
  • Hi WSHGAL,

>>but I can see that the location of the file changes once it is attached to the email. 

How do you attach the file? Via Insert > Attach File > Recent Items? Attach the file as a link?

Would you mind provide detailed steps so that we can test it here.

Does this issue only happen to your account?

We can first try attaching files on OWA to check if same issue occurs.

Besides, we can try repairing Office to see if it helps. To do this, please go to Control Pane > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit and then choose Change. Click Repair.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, October 26, 2018 8:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, October 29, 2018 6:38 AM
    Friday, October 26, 2018 8:53 AM
  • Hi WSHGAL,

Just check if the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, October 29, 2018 6:38 AM