none
SCCM 2012 SP1 RTM Fail Distribution Point RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I upgraded my SCCM 2012 to SP1 RTM, I'm having problems with my Distribution Point, in my distmgr.log appears the following error message:

"Failed to set security on share share \ \ SCCM \ $ ​​SMSSIG"
    "Failed to set access security on share $ SMSSIG"

I checked the NTFS permissions and sharing both are normal.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please provide some more lines of distmgr.log (on Skydrive etc). The snippet you provided does not help.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 2:07 PM
  • If I stop sharing and effort to atuliazação a package it copies for distribution point, but I must do this for each package that will upgrade.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:11 PM
  • I was just about to post the exact same thing.

I believe my issues with this started around the time I installed the MS KB2506143.  I've been through the removal process and rebuilt the WMI to no avail.  Next recommendation was to install SP1.  Still no joy and to top it off it's also killed off WSUS saying it's not installed.

The DP's my priority at the moment though as I can't push anything to it with it showing the same issues as Everton.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:08 PM
  • I'm seeing the same issue.
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 4:31 PM
  • Havent seen this particular issue...YET.  once I am done attempting to fix everything SP1 broke I will post back with all my findings but needless to say the SP1 upgrade has been a nightmare.  :-(
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:56 PM
  • I am looking to upgrade next week.  Maybe you can fill me in on some of the problem you ran into. :)
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 9:59 PM
  • You're telling me! I've since removed IIS, reinstalled and looks like the DP has come right.  Still didn't solve the WSUS issues, it basically can't see it.

I've managed to successfully push out some client upgrades to the latest version, however, most are remaining 'inactive' despite installed successfully.  Running the WMI repository reset has rectified this on the couple of machine tested although I don't want to have to run this per machine. 

Saying that though, I've tried to deploy a new package to two clients that are active and there's nothing happening at all. It's pushed to the DP and then nothing.

ShawnD1, if your SCCM is working fine at the moment, I'd leave it a while.  It's a bloody nightmare so far.

• Edited by B77 Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:06 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:05 PM
  • You're telling me! I've since removed IIS, reinstalled and looks like the DP has come right.  Still didn't solve the WSUS issues, it basically can't see it.

I've managed to successfully push out some client upgrades to the latest version, however, most are remaining 'inactive' despite installed successfully.  Running the WMI repository reset has rectified this on the couple of machine tested although I don't want to have to run this per machine. 

Saying that though, I've tried to deploy a new package to two clients that are active and there's nothing happening at all. It's pushed to the DP and then nothing.

ShawnD1, if your SCCM is working fine at the moment, I'd leave it a while.  It's a bloody nightmare so far.

Are you saying you found a fix for the broken DP issue?   Could you clarify please?

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:21 PM
  • I am looking to upgrade next week.  Maybe you can fill me in on some of the problem you ran into. :)

High level issues:

WMI corruption on the Primary Site server
    Custom boot image broke.  Since SP1 requires WinPE 4.0 and will not allow you to use a WinPE 3.1 image, it attempts to help you by updating your boot images.  Attempts..
    Broke the ntfs permissions in various subfolders of RemoteInstall.  Had to remove all boot images, and then go take ownership of the folders, reapply permissions on all child objects and delete the folders then re-add the boot image.
    My secondary was running SQL Express R2 (the version SCCM 2012 RTM installs).  the "upgrade" secondary site function failed telling my I had to update SQL to a supported version.  Well as you will see SP1 now uses SQL Express 2012 for secondary site so i figured I would use the installer SCCM Setup downloaded which is SQL Express 2012 RTM.  After upgrading SQL and retrying the Upgrade it then told me I have to be on at least CU2 for SQL 2012.  eh...
    Had to also make changes to remove dynamic ports in SQL Configuration Manager or the installer fails.
    Had to uninstall and reinstall the application catalog as that broke as well
    Other things I am sure I cant think of at the momment.  :-/

If I had to do it over again I would do a clean install of SP1.  Luckily I have the luxury of not having my servers in production yet.  We are still testing and only have a handful of clients talking to the server.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:22 PM

• Are you saying you found a fix for the broken DP issue?   Could you clarify please?

I was at the point where WSUS and the DP were both failing.  I removed both roles from SCCM, then uninstalled IIS, reinstalled, then added the DP role again.  It's no longer reporting any errors under the component status but I'm not able to test it thoroughly as now my management point is playing up and I've got no active clients to push out to. 

EDIT: Just to add. Where I'd removed IIS, I hadn't included a couple of the components when reinstalling listed here http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4422-using-sccm-2012-rc-in-a-lab-part-1-installation/ (Scroll to step 7)

I also upgraded the SQL 2012 to the latest CU5 and it looks to have installed correctly.  I've just deployed a package and watching the distmgr.log, that too has gone to plan.

• Edited by B77 Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:43 AM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 10:38 PM

• Are you saying you found a fix for the broken DP issue?   Could you clarify please?

I was at the point where WSUS and the DP were both failing.  I removed both roles from SCCM, then uninstalled IIS, reinstalled, then added the DP role again.  It's no longer reporting any errors under the component status but I'm not able to test it thoroughly as now my management point is playing up and I've got no active clients to push out to. 

EDIT: Just to add. Where I'd removed IIS, I hadn't included a couple of the components when reinstalling listed here http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4422-using-sccm-2012-rc-in-a-lab-part-1-installation/ (Scroll to step 7)

I also upgraded the SQL 2012 to the latest CU5 and it looks to have installed correctly.  I've just deployed a package and watching the distmgr.log, that too has gone to plan.

I'm concered I won't be able to do this, because we only have 1 server acting as the Primary Site server and the DP.  

Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:01 PM
  • I'm concerned I won't be able to do this, because we only have 1 server acting as the Primary Site server and the DP.  

That's exactly my situation too!!  I'd got to the point though where no other fixes were working.  What errors are you getting in distmgr.log?
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:17 PM
  • I'm getting the same errors with SMSSIG$ and Error=5

Monday, January 14, 2013 5:26 PM
  • Monday, January 14, 2013 5:34 PM