Skype for Business Search RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys! I have a contact saved in GAL, is there a way to find him by searching for his displayname (currently the only way I find him is by searching for the e-mail). External communication is allowed in Skype for Business settings. Thanks for any help!

Monday, March 19, 2018 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is it a Contact object in Active Directory? If yes add the SIP address to the attribute msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress and you should see it in Skype. 

Monday, March 19, 2018 9:06 AM
  • Hi Linus Cansby,

no it is not a Contact objects in AD. It is a Contact in GAL. I can't find him by displayname but by his emailaddress.

Search by displaynameSearch by E-Mail-Address

GAL

Monday, March 19, 2018 9:43 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Please  run Get-CsClientPolicy |select SearchPrefixFlags , AddressBookAvailability in the SFB management shell. Check SearchPrefixFlags is 255 and AddressBookAvailability  is websearchonly

When I create a contacts called “leontest” like the following screenshot.

I could search it in the SFB client .

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:47 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 9:03 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates?if the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 10:22 AM
  • Hi Leon,

when I send Get-CsClientPolicy | select SearchPrefixFlags , AddressBookAvailability , it returns litteraly nothing for SearchPrefixFlags. When I try to set SearchPrefixFlags it retruns an error. I am logged in as an O365 administrator.

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-CsClientPolicy |select SearchPrefixFlags , AddressBo
    okAvailability

SearchPrefixFlags AddressBookAvailability
    ----------------- -----------------------
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly
                      WebSearchOnly

PS C:\Windows\system32> set-csclientpolicy -searchprefixflags 255
    Sie sind nicht zum Aufrufen von Set-CsClientPolicy mit den folgenden
    Parametern berechtigt:
     SearchPrefixFlags
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-CsClientPolicy], Argument
       Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ArgumentException,Microsoft.Rtc.Managemen
       t.Internal.SetClientPolicyCmdlet
        + PSComputerName        : admin0e.online.lync.com

PS C:\Windows\system32> set-csclientpolicy -identity global -searchprefixflags 2
    Sie sind nicht zum Aufrufen von Set-CsClientPolicy mit den folgenden
    Parametern berechtigt:
     SearchPrefixFlags
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Set-CsClientPolicy], Argument
       Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ArgumentException,Microsoft.Rtc.Managemen
       t.Internal.SetClientPolicyCmdlet
        + PSComputerName        : admin0e.online.lync.com

PS C:\Windows\system32>

Thank you for your help on this issue!

Monday, April 16, 2018 11:39 AM