Roll back public folder database on 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i have exchange 2007 (I know I am in to proccess of upgrading) and i stuffed up my public folders and need to roll back to a point yesterday. All i want to know is how to roll back to a point in the log files since the last backup? 

Friday, January 25, 2019 10:59 PM

All replies

• There is no way to undo logs, you would need to just restore from last full backup, however, before taking that action take the PF offline and make a backup to alternate location

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks from ALL versions of Exchange Offline EDB's, On-Premises Exchange Databases & Office 365. Export, Migrate/Recover into On-Premises Exchange Server, Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Saturday, January 26, 2019 2:02 AM
  • is that the whole point of having the log files, so i can roll back at point in time between full backups?
    Sunday, January 27, 2019 4:36 AM
  • is that the whole point of having the log files, so i can roll back at point in time between full backups?

You would have to move all the logs out of the transaction log dir, leaving only the logs you wanted to roll forward on. Then do a restore from a full and then allow the backup program to replay the logs in the log dir that you left and then cross your fingers. 

Restoring Public folders is always a bit sketchy and you would need to follow the vendors support on how to do that for their product as backups and restores are not really directly supported by Microsoft unless you are using Windows Backup. ( and hopefully you arent as its a bare min program)

Sunday, January 27, 2019 1:50 PM
  • Great info from Andy and in regards to rolling forward logs from a full backup, its a one and done situation, i.e. once you are done rolling up a set of logs you cannot roll additional logs without first restoring from backup again.  

BTW what did you do that's causing you to do a rollback?

Search, Recover, Export Mailboxes, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks from ALL versions of Exchange Offline EDB's, On-Premises Exchange Databases & Office 365. Export, Migrate/Recover into On-Premises Exchange Server, Office 365 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Sunday, January 27, 2019 3:35 PM