none
how to find out the right task in 2 tasks with same task title RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I set 3 main tasks ,A/B/C, every main task have 3 sub-tasks, (code,test, deploye),  all test jobs assign to  1 person.

while our staff open his 'my assignment' in tasks , he find 3 same tasks named 'Test'. 

Is there any possible that show main task's information in task name ? Or is there any solution to differentiate these 3 tasks?

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:47 AM

Answers

• You can identify Sub task by adding Task Hierarchy field in existing view

1. On the Quick Launch, click Server Settings.
    2. On the Server Settings page, click Manage Views. A list of views will appear.
    3. Modify My Work OR Timesheet view and add Task Hierarchy field in existing view. With the help of new field you can easily identify Sub tasks.

Hope this will help you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raushan Kumar | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:14 AM
  • Hi,

you can add Task Hierarchy to the view, either as additional column or as (additional column to) grouping column. Does that give what you expect?

So it looks like this:

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:24 AM
  • Yes you are right.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Jou Chen Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:42 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:07 AM

All replies

• You can identify Sub task by adding Task Hierarchy field in existing view

1. On the Quick Launch, click Server Settings.
    2. On the Server Settings page, click Manage Views. A list of views will appear.
    3. Modify My Work OR Timesheet view and add Task Hierarchy field in existing view. With the help of new field you can easily identify Sub tasks.

Hope this will help you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raushan Kumar | LinkedIn

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:14 AM
  • Hi,

you can add Task Hierarchy to the view, either as additional column or as (additional column to) grouping column. Does that give what you expect?

So it looks like this:

Does that help?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:24 AM
  • Thanks all, I got it .

Another questions, my user write a task in wrong project , can he do the action to move the task from Prj A to Prj B ? 

Jou Chen

• Edited by Jou Chen Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:32 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:30 AM
  • Hi Jou Chen,

Are you using the timesheet page or the task page?

The user must recall the timesheet if submitted (if you use timesheet), delete the new task and create it again selecting the right project in the task creation page.

Hope this helps,

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:01 AM
  • The user do the action like this, Task--Add row--Add a new task, then he select the wrong project , and send. 

Seem the only way to fix it is Delete it and create a new one. Am I right? 

Jou Chen

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:56 AM
  • Yes you are right.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Jou Chen Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:42 AM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:07 AM