Decommissioning old ConfigMgr 2007 Server RRS feed

• Question

• We had a stand-alone 07 server on a VM. Our new ConfigMgr 2012 is up and clients are reporting to it now. Someone had mentioned that after decommissioning the old server, we need to examine AD and make sure no remnants remain. What do we need to look for or remove? The old items in the System Container is the only thing I can think of...?

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:51 PM

Answers

• You need to make sure that all the objects related to your CM07 site or CM07 site code are removed from System Management Container.

I can see two site codes OMU and PRI, try to remove objects related to CM07. 

Anoop C Nair - @anoopmannur :: MY Site:  www.AnoopCNair.com :: FaceBook:  ConfigMgr(SCCM) Page :: Linkedin:  Linkedin<

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:32 PM
  • A tip when you remove an old sms/sccm server site; instead of just shutting down or delete the server / vm, uninstall the SMS/SCCM site. The uninstallation process will then remove all objects related to that site in the System Management container in AD. After uninstallation, remember to remove the machine objects permissions to the System Management Container.

Hope you figure it out! :)

Marius A. Skovli | MCP/MCTS/MCITP | Twitter: @mariusskovli

Saturday, July 28, 2012 11:36 AM

All replies

• You need to make sure that all the objects related to your CM07 site or CM07 site code are removed from System Management Container.

I can see two site codes OMU and PRI, try to remove objects related to CM07. 

Anoop C Nair - @anoopmannur :: MY Site:  www.AnoopCNair.com :: FaceBook:  ConfigMgr(SCCM) Page :: Linkedin:  Linkedin<

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:32 PM
  • A tip when you remove an old sms/sccm server site; instead of just shutting down or delete the server / vm, uninstall the SMS/SCCM site. The uninstallation process will then remove all objects related to that site in the System Management container in AD. After uninstallation, remember to remove the machine objects permissions to the System Management Container.

Hope you figure it out! :)

Marius A. Skovli | MCP/MCTS/MCITP | Twitter: @mariusskovli

Saturday, July 28, 2012 11:36 AM