none
Stoplight Health Indicators RRS feed

• Question

• I have a request to update the Stoplight health indicators on the Project Center home page.  Right now they are all green, how would I go about adding a Red and Yellow and editing the Green based on certain formulas for Resource Name, Hours, and Task Due Date?

Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First of all, you should specify what your indicator is supposed to show up and what are the levels for being green/yellow/red. If you already have an indicator, you should already have sort of process in place.

Starting from your specifications, it should not be too difficult to create a project custom fields showing a health graphical indicator.

That being said, you have to be consistent. If you are in the project center and want to have a health indicator at project level, having formulas for resource name (resource level) or task due date (task level) is a non sense.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Thursday, June 22, 2017 3:08 PM
  • I haven't worked with Project Server in a long time, I'm trying to refresh my memory and when I did work with it, I never had to do anything with the Health Indicators, so I'm pretty new at learning this part.  

Where do I go to specify which indicator shows up?

The green indicator was already there (and not even sure where that is set), I need to have the Red and Yellow also.  Are these set at each individual Project Level?

Thanks

Kim

Friday, June 23, 2017 12:29 PM
  • What I meant by specifying your indicator is for example to brainstorm with your PMO, PMs, management, etc to set up what should be your KPIs in terms of cost and schedule.

Indicator in Project Server are only formulas with a graphical indicator based on what the formula returns. My point is: the first step to performe should not be related to the tool (Project) but to your organization and processes.

There is no out-of-the-box health indicator that you can just insert in the project center, you have to create it, thus define it before.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Friday, June 23, 2017 3:01 PM
  • I was given a document indicating what the spotlight health should be for any task, for example:

[Resource Name]
    Green: <= 10 % have Resource Name NULL
    Yellow: 11-19[BB1] % have Resource Name NULL
    Red: >=20% have Resource Name NULL

[Hours] (Should this be hours or work[BB2]
    Green: <= 10 % have Hours = 0
    Yellow: 11-19% have Hours = 0
    Red: >=20% have Hours = 0

[Task Due Date]
    Green: <= 10 % have Due Date < today
    Yellow: 11-19[BB3] % have Due Date < today
    Red: >=20% have Due Date < today

I am just unclear on how or where to set these.

Friday, June 23, 2017 6:03 PM
  • I see the Project Health Indicators in the Custom Fields with the graphical images, can I edit what each of these represent in the Lookup Table or do I need to create a new custom field and lookup?

Tuesday, June 27, 2017 3:15 PM