none
Replicas Inconsistent on DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I am backing up the system state of 8 different servers and on six of them I am getting a "Replica is Inconsistent" error.  If I run a consistency check it will verify and then go to an OK status for maybe five minutes and the go back to the error.  When I check the error it says that DPM is out of disk space for the replica.  I have it set to automatically grow the volumes and there is still 90GB of free space on the server and 4TB of free space on the connected hard drive cage.  I have enabled Windows Server Backup Features on all the servers and the lowest amount of free space on any of the servers is 75.1GB.  What do I need to do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

Friday, October 28, 2011 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hello,

1.) Does a System State work while BMR fails?
    2.) Can you take a BMR and\or system state locally on the target server using the wbadmin command.
    For system state:  Wbadmin start systemstatebackup -backuptarget:e
    For BMR:   wbadmin start backup -allcritical -backupTarget:<any existing drive name>:
    Does this also fail or does this work?
    3.) Do you note any VSS related errors in the event logs of the target server?
    4.) What else on the C:?  Example: If you have hyperV installed and the vhd's are kept on the C: then those will also be wrapped up in the attempt to snap the BMR.
    5.) Upon the attempt do the vss writers show as healthy?  Typer "vssadmin list writers" at a command prompt. 
    6.) Following up on the "out of space" errors and since autogrow is enabled you can leverage this article to help troubleshoot autogrow:  http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2011/06/06/how-to-use-and-troubleshoot-the-auto-heal-features-in-dpm-2010.aspx

Thanks
    Shane

Friday, October 28, 2011 8:49 PM

All replies

• Hello,

1.) Does a System State work while BMR fails?
    2.) Can you take a BMR and\or system state locally on the target server using the wbadmin command.
    For system state:  Wbadmin start systemstatebackup -backuptarget:e
    For BMR:   wbadmin start backup -allcritical -backupTarget:<any existing drive name>:
    Does this also fail or does this work?
    3.) Do you note any VSS related errors in the event logs of the target server?
    4.) What else on the C:?  Example: If you have hyperV installed and the vhd's are kept on the C: then those will also be wrapped up in the attempt to snap the BMR.
    5.) Upon the attempt do the vss writers show as healthy?  Typer "vssadmin list writers" at a command prompt. 
    6.) Following up on the "out of space" errors and since autogrow is enabled you can leverage this article to help troubleshoot autogrow:  http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2011/06/06/how-to-use-and-troubleshoot-the-auto-heal-features-in-dpm-2010.aspx

Thanks
    Shane

Friday, October 28, 2011 8:49 PM
  • Hello,

Are you still having an issue?

Thanks
    Shane
    • Proposed as answer by ShaneB. _ Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:06 AM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 11:32 PM