Computer Names - Renaming a computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Change / Update of computer names in Intune.

Case is a computer (Windows 10) joined with a default device name trough Azure AD and aftewards has it name changed to a more friendly one, will this information update automaticly in Intune or is it a way to trigger this for Intune to read the computer name again and update it?

Monday, March 7, 2016 1:33 PM

Answers

• I dont remember all the details, but I've seen the same thing in AzureAD. I did talk to someone on the team about hits problem (during Ignite last year), and at that point it was a known issue, that the computer name wasn't updated in AzureAD if the computer was renamed.

My home computer has the same setup (AzureAD joined and MDM managed) as you describe, so I'll rename it now and post the result later today.

Update: After almost 4 hours the computer name hasn't changed in the Intune Console.

I've submitted this issue on connect (Feedback ID: 2463748).

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: www.ronnipedersen.com/ and www.SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

Saturday, March 12, 2016 9:01 AM

All replies

• I just tested it in my Intune hybrid environment with a Windows 10 Azure AD joined device and the new name was available in the ConfigMgr console within 10 minutes after pressing Sync on the enrollment.

My Blog: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/
    Follow me on twitter: pvanderwoude

Monday, March 7, 2016 7:53 PM
  • Hi,

We are not running ConfigMgr, just Intune standalone.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 6:52 AM
  • Hi

Intune standalone is the same as Peter is saying.

Kind regards

Per Larsen

Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 6:15 PM
  • I dont remember all the details, but I've seen the same thing in AzureAD. I did talk to someone on the team about hits problem (during Ignite last year), and at that point it was a known issue, that the computer name wasn't updated in AzureAD if the computer was renamed.

My home computer has the same setup (AzureAD joined and MDM managed) as you describe, so I'll rename it now and post the result later today.

Update: After almost 4 hours the computer name hasn't changed in the Intune Console.

I've submitted this issue on connect (Feedback ID: 2463748).

Ronni Pedersen | Microsoft MVP - ConfigMgr | Blogs: www.ronnipedersen.com/ and www.SCUG.dk/ | Twitter @ronnipedersen

Saturday, March 12, 2016 9:01 AM