none
Local User Account w/o Active Directory RRS feed

• Question

• I've been looking at a number of PowerShell scripts to add local users, however they all are for Servers with Active Directory installed.  I'm running a Win 2008 R2 Single Server without Active Directory and want to add local users with a PowerShell script, but only if it's possible to input information found on the followings tabs:  Environment, Sessions, Remote Control.

I'm currently using a batch file to add user info and assign groups, which works fine, but after the batch file runs I have to manually input the info for the 3 tabs mentioned above.  I've included pics of the first and second tabs just to be clear.

Thanks,

Kevin

Monday, July 14, 2014 9:37 AM

Answers

• I don't do a lot with local user accounts myself but here is a good post on getting started: http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2014/10/01/use-powershell-to-create-local-users.aspx

It would appear that you can set and otherwise manipulate any attribute using a few different commands. Might be a good place to start and give you some specific items to research.

• Marked as answer by bakerkr94 Monday, November 24, 2014 10:12 PM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 7:58 PM

All replies

• I don't do a lot with local user accounts myself but here is a good post on getting started: http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2014/10/01/use-powershell-to-create-local-users.aspx

It would appear that you can set and otherwise manipulate any attribute using a few different commands. Might be a good place to start and give you some specific items to research.

• Marked as answer by bakerkr94 Monday, November 24, 2014 10:12 PM
    Friday, November 21, 2014 7:58 PM
  • ThmsRynr-

Thanks for the help, I got this working from your link above.  Took me a while, but it's working and it's awesome!  Thanks again,

Kevin

Monday, November 24, 2014 8:20 PM
  • ThmsRynr-

Thanks for the help, I got this working from your link above.  Took me a while, but it's working and it's awesome!  Thanks again,

Kevin

Glad to hear it :)
    Monday, November 24, 2014 8:42 PM