none
Enable Spell check using Query web service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Query web service and want to enable spell check for my query. i have defined the parameter<EnableSpellCheck> suggest</EnableSpellCheck> in my input XML, But i am not gettting  any output for spell check. I have checked the query log where the query string is showing corredct suggest value.

Please suggest the way to enable spell check so that i can get the "did you mean" message.

~Rahul
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I am using Query web service and want to enable spell check for my query. i have defined the parameter<EnableSpellCheck> suggest</EnableSpellCheck> in my input XML, But i am not gettting  any output for spell check. I have checked the query log where the query string is showing corredct suggest value.

Please suggest the way to enable spell check so that i can get the "did you mean" message.

~Rahul

I added a web reference for SpellCheck as http://demo2010a:5555/_vti_bin/SpellCheck.asmx which identifies spelling mistakes and recommends suggestions for correction. It supports an operation named "SpellCheck"

Can anybody please help me how to consume this webservice in my asp.net web application to get spell check feature ?

~Rahul
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 12:36 PM
  • Slow response, but I'm responding since I had a hard time finding the answer...

The EnableSpellcheck parameter is case sensitive, and its name is EnableSpellcheck, NOT EnableSpellCheck

• Proposed as answer by Murad Sæter Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:22 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:21 AM