E5 Breakout RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am based in the UK and have an E5 subscription in a Hybrid configuration.

Is it possible to have cloud users use the on premise breakout and on premise users use the cloud SIP or is that not possible?

Also with the O365 E5 Skype For Business subscription, does Microsoft give the option to use by own SIP choice or is there a restricted list of providers within the UK?

Regards,

Paul.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 2:54 PM

Answers

• Cloud users can use Microsoft to connect to the PSTN, or they could use your on-premises calling and existing telephony provider.  This is per-user so some could use one, others the other.

On-premises users can only use the on-premises telco at this time.  They cannot use Microsoft as a telco.

If you're using Skype for Business Online with PSTN Calling, the sip provider is Microsoft.  Otherwise, you could use whomever you want as long as you can connect it to your on-premises deployment.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by PCookman Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:08 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by PCookman Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:09 PM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:57 AM
  • Agree with Anothony and yes for Online to leverage Onpremise set up you need to  go with the Cloud Connector Edition CCE

https://insidemstech.com/tag/call-flow/

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:53 AM

All replies

• Cloud users can use Microsoft to connect to the PSTN, or they could use your on-premises calling and existing telephony provider.  This is per-user so some could use one, others the other.

On-premises users can only use the on-premises telco at this time.  They cannot use Microsoft as a telco.

If you're using Skype for Business Online with PSTN Calling, the sip provider is Microsoft.  Otherwise, you could use whomever you want as long as you can connect it to your on-premises deployment.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by PCookman Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:08 PM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:02 PM
  • Thank you,

Just so I am clear then I could set up a rule to have my SFB 365 cloud users dial in and out through my Hybrid on Premise mediation server, out through my PSTN?

I dont suppose you have a link on this do you?

Regards,

Paul.

• Edited by PCookman Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:38 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:35 AM
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:57 AM
  • Agree with Anothony and yes for Online to leverage Onpremise set up you need to  go with the Cloud Connector Edition CCE

https://insidemstech.com/tag/call-flow/

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:53 AM
  • Can I use on premise conferencing in a Hybrid using an existing on premise conference number? I cant see an option for this.

Regards,

Paul.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 10:30 AM