Lifecam VX-3000 setting default editors for video and captures RRS feed

• Question

•  

Using the Lifecam VX-3000. After video or photo is captured a thumbnail is placed below on the bottom of the window. LifeCam v1.4 software.

Clicking on the thumbnail displays a captured image or plays a video capture. There is also a little icon off to the right for editing the selection. Right now clicking on the thumbnail and the edit button I get the same program - for images Windows Live Photo Gallery both diplays the photo and opens as an editor, for videos Windows Media Player plays the video and then also opens for editing if that button is pressed.  

I have been through the menus and cannot find where to change the default editors for video and still image captures.  Windows Photo Gallery is fine for viewing but if I want to edit in Photoshop can I change so that Photoshop opens when I click the edit button. Similiarly with video Windows Media Player is fine for playback but you can't edit anything from it so I want that button to open up something more practical like Windows Movie Maker.

This seems like obvious functionality.  Surely it is in the settings somewhere?

Saturday, December 29, 2007 3:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my experience, the software which was associated with Edit button can not be changed. We recommend that to go to Control panel\Default Programs to change the "Current Program" that is associated to the file extension.  Select the special program for file extension instead of Windows Photo Gallery.

Another method is that right click the file, and then choose “Open With” to select the program you’d like to use.

By the way, below is a article with detailed steps. For your reference:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69758-default-programs.html

I hope it helps.
    -----------------------------
    Sincerely,
    Guozhen Wang
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 6:57 AM