none
One-Way Domain Trust - The user name or password is incorrect

Question

• Hello,

i have been created a one way Trust between ad.salzburg.at and intern.vienna.at.

Configuration:

This Domain: ad.salzburg.at
    Specified domain: intern.vienna.at
    Direction: Incoming: Users in the local domain can authenticate in the specified domain.
    Trust type: External
    Transitive: NO
    Outgoing trust authentication level: Domain-wide authentication
    Sides of trust: Create the trust for both this domain and specified domain

So the Problem is, when i join a Global Group in intern.vienna.at eg. GRP_GL_IT to a Domain Local Group eg. GRP_DL_IT i get the Error: "The user name or password is incorrect." but when i change the location to ad.salzburg.at i get an Authentification Prompt. I type the Username/Password from an DomainAdmin (Administrator) from ad.salzburg.at but i cannot see the tree from the AD.

When i Run Find Now i can see the Domain Local Group but i cannot add this group to my Global Group in intern.vienna.at

On the Domaincontroller in Domain ad.salzburg.at i get an Error in the Eventlog -> Audit Failure

But i take the correct User and Pwd

Have everyone a Solution for my problem?!

Thursday, December 1, 2016 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Phil Reichl,

1. Please check if the conditional forwarder setting is well;

2. On the machine you logon, please test if it can access the domain controller of the other domain;

3. Also check firewall settings, you may turn off the firewall temporarily to test.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 2, 2016 8:49 AM
  • Hi,

Could the above reply be of help, if yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, feel free to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 19, 2016 2:20 AM