none
View Failure RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Support,

I face an issue with one resource which now couldn't open Timesheet with the below error

view failure. the view failed to load. Press OK to reload this view with the default settings. Press Cancel to select another view

Please note that this user has already access because he was able to open the Timesheet and after choosing another view it showed him this error

Please advise because this issue only occurs with one resource which is joined to Team Members group and all Team Members could see Timesheet

Regards,

Sameh Henry

Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:23 PM

Answers

• samehfathy,

We have experienced this issue as well before on the timesheet page, and after lot of trouble shooting, we boiled this down to one particular project, which was deleted, but had some rejected timesheets previously from it.

This may or may not be your case, but I would suggest you to start looking for a common project between the three resources who have this issue, and try to figure out if there is anything wrong with the project itself.

And a more scientfic way to start trouble shooting this error is to look at the ULS logs.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS Blog: http://msprojectideas.blogspot.com
    Monday, April 11, 2011 1:34 PM

All replies

• Monday, April 11, 2011 11:01 AM
  • Unfortunately, this didn't solve my issue and I only face it with 3 resources only

Thank you.

Monday, April 11, 2011 12:52 PM
  • samehfathy,

We have experienced this issue as well before on the timesheet page, and after lot of trouble shooting, we boiled this down to one particular project, which was deleted, but had some rejected timesheets previously from it.

This may or may not be your case, but I would suggest you to start looking for a common project between the three resources who have this issue, and try to figure out if there is anything wrong with the project itself.

And a more scientfic way to start trouble shooting this error is to look at the ULS logs.

Prasanna Adavi, PMP, MCTS Blog: http://msprojectideas.blogspot.com
    Monday, April 11, 2011 1:34 PM
  • Hi,

You should try using the view in compatability mode in IE.

Regards

Kelvin

Friday, September 19, 2014 11:38 PM