none
Is there a place that Project server stores the .mpp files that are created in Project Center 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a place that Project server stores the .mpp files that are created in Project Center 2013. I can open MS Project and set a connection to my Project Center. Then view all of my projects which appear to be in a .mpp format. Then I map my drive to the Project Center url but, it does not show a list of the projects. Is it possible to access these projects in windows explorer using a path to the where the files are stored?

Ron Johnson Systems Administrator Michigan State University Federal Credit Union Office – (517) 333-2391 ron.johnson@msufcu.org WWW.MSUFCU.ORG

Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:27 PM

Answers

• Hello,

The data is stored in the database, not as an MPP file format. Project pro creates the MPP files if/when you save the project as a file locally.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

• Marked as answer by RonJohnMSU Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:56 PM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:51 PM
  • Hi Ron,

No you cannot access your mpp files stored in Project Server from your explorer. The mpp are not stored as files like we used to have on our computer, but as data/records in a database. You can only access them via Project Pro or the project center.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

• Marked as answer by RonJohnMSU Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:48 PM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:46 PM
  • Just as I figured but, wanted to see if it was possible. Thanks!

Ron Johnson Systems Administrator Michigan State University Federal Credit Union Office – (517) 333-2391 ron.johnson@msufcu.org WWW.MSUFCU.ORG

Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:48 PM
  • Got it..makes sense. Thanks!

Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Ron,

No you cannot access your mpp files stored in Project Server from your explorer. The mpp are not stored as files like we used to have on our computer, but as data/records in a database. You can only access them via Project Pro or the project center.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:46 PM
  • Just as I figured but, wanted to see if it was possible. Thanks!

Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:48 PM
  • Hello,

The data is stored in the database, not as an MPP file format. Project pro creates the MPP files if/when you save the project as a file locally.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:51 PM
  • Got it..makes sense. Thanks!

Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:56 PM