Login failure of account that is on my SQL Server SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All;

I have a SharePoint farm that was functioning up to a few days ago.
    I was creating a new site collection so I created a new content db using the account XYZ\SPFarm then attempted to create the New Site Collection so that it would be created in the newly created content DB. It failed, in looking on the server, the error that was logged is Error 18456, severity 14 State 5.

The SpFarm account is added to all the relevant security groups, AND it was able to create the new content DB from the SharePoint App server, plus I was able to logon to the SQL server using the SPFarm account.

One other thing that I noticed is that in the Event Viewer, Reason given is "Login failed for user 'spfarm', Reason :Could not find a login matching the name provided. [Client: 10.55.18.104]"

What i thought was significant is the fact that it did not specify the domain name of the spfarm administration account.

Has anyone got a fix for this out there?

Thanks for any help or direction on this.

LP

Friday, April 11, 2014 3:50 PM

All replies

• How you created the New Content Database and what method you used to create a new site collection?

Also couple you please share the ULS for both operations?

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014 5:00 AM
  • Waqas;

I created content database and site collection through Sharepoint administration console. I was able to create the the Content database, but I fail when I try to create the site collection. I'm unable to share the ULS because the server that I am working on is isolated, but if there is any specific line that you think would be helpful i can try to reproduce here. 

When I inspect the database on the SQL server after creation, the SPFarm account is listed as DBOwner.

Regards

LP

Sunday, April 13, 2014 6:13 PM
  • are you running the script on the Server or remotely?

try to logoff from the Server and login with SPFarm account or may be restart the machine.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Monday, April 14, 2014 5:57 PM