Profile properties not changing display order RRS feed

• Question

• I recently came across an issue were the users wanted to change the order which the profile properties were displayed in mysite. To achieve this i started changing the display order in the user profile service application. At first i was able to move the properties around without any issues. But after moving a property up a few levels, it then appeared to become stuck and would not move up or down. Now i dont seem to be able to change the order of any properties. Using powershell and the UserProfilePropertyManager i was able to output all the properties and their display order field and i noticed that some had duplicate values. I tried updating the duplicates to a unique value using the object model but it does not appear to have made any difference.

Any Ideas?

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 4:09 AM

All replies

• TLeyden,

You might double check and make sure that the Forefront Ident Services are still started.  What is the current status of these services under the services mmc?

Dennis Bottjer | Follow Me: @dbottjer | Blog: Dennis Bottjer.com
    Tuesday, November 9, 2010 5:47 AM
  • Hi,

I tried to test this on my test farm with the aboutme property.  I moved it to the top and checked the mysite profile properties and it moved to the top.  Then I moved it to the very bottom of the list right before the “custom properties” group.  Then I checked it again in the mysite page, the aboutme property was displayed as at the bottom.

The build I was on was 14.0.5114.5003.

Regards, Savoeurn Va Microsoft Online Community Support
    Monday, December 13, 2010 3:12 PM
  • I have this issue both on my dev and prod farm.

have you been able to solve the issue ?

Best regards

Mthoger

Best regards Michael Thøgersen
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:35 PM
  • I noticed this issue as well. Maybe I was just lucky, but whenever I moved a profile property to a point where it got stuck, I would try moving a different profile property past it and somehow that seemed to resolve the issue.
    Doug Hemminger http://www.sharepointdoug.com
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:29 PM
  • Has anyone found a solution (powershell, tools?) for this issue, or a supported workaround in SP2010?

I've tried moving all of them around and they only move up to a certain point. Some move, some don't. Super frustrating...

Nicolle Becker

Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:43 PM