Required Fields in Service Manager RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to make the “assigned user” and “primary user” a required field. We have several notifications, surveys, and reports that use this information but the techs are not updating the field. I would like to make the field required so the ticket cannot be closed/resolved without it.

I notice some field properties have the option to set them as required. How can I make “Assigned User” and “Primary User” required?

Friday, October 2, 2015 9:49 PM

Answers

• This is generally the go to blog for a "required fields" question

http://scsmnz.net/how-to-add-custom-mandatory-properties-to-scsm-forms/

However! While I personally can empathize with you on this, it may become a less than optimal configuration moving forward with something like SCOM alert/IR notifications.

I'm just talking outloud now, but what about a SCO runbook that updates the Assigned To based on who marked the IR as resolved or something? This route is probably easier to digest if your not C# inclined and can quickly be changed without code by virtue of it living in Orchestrator.

Adam Dzak

Friday, October 2, 2015 11:51 PM

All replies

• This is generally the go to blog for a "required fields" question

http://scsmnz.net/how-to-add-custom-mandatory-properties-to-scsm-forms/

However! While I personally can empathize with you on this, it may become a less than optimal configuration moving forward with something like SCOM alert/IR notifications.

I'm just talking outloud now, but what about a SCO runbook that updates the Assigned To based on who marked the IR as resolved or something? This route is probably easier to digest if your not C# inclined and can quickly be changed without code by virtue of it living in Orchestrator.

Adam Dzak

Friday, October 2, 2015 11:51 PM
  • Thanks Adam. This is helpful.

• Edited by TREX1234 Monday, October 5, 2015 6:26 PM
    Monday, October 5, 2015 6:26 PM