none
Mircrosoft Project RRS feed

• Question

• When I open my project file the timescale is not on the current date.  I always have to scroll to the right to get to the current date to start working.  How do I change this so that it will be there when I open the file every time?

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 12:26 PM

All replies

• Unsure of the history for this question, but I saved and bumped it from off-topic, as it is clearly a reasonable question for the TechNet "Project forums > Project Standard and Professional General Questions and Answers" forum.

Good luck,
    Pete

#PEJL Got a good solution? If you invest your time in coding an elegant/novel or large answer on these MSDN forums, why not copy it over to our beloved TechNet Wiki, for future generations to benefit from!

Friday, August 30, 2013 12:57 AM
  • Hi,

Timescale is shown the way you last saved it. Are you aware of the butto "Scroll to task" on the task ribbon? Use it, you will not have to scroll.

Greetings,

Friday, August 30, 2013 8:29 AM
  • Or you can automate this. Put the following code in the ThisProject (Global.Mpt) file in teh Visual basic Editor:

Private Sub Project_Open(ByVal pj As Project)
    'Called by Project_Open event
        If Not pj Is Nothing Then   'pj is nothing for Global.Mpt
            If InStr(ActiveProject.CurrentView, "Gantt") > 0 Then   'Only if Gantt chart active
                If Date < pj.ProjectStart Then
                    EditGoTo Date:=pj.ProjectStart
                ElseIf Date > pj.ProjectFinish Then
                    EditGoTo Date:=pj.ProjectFinish
                Else
                    EditGoTo Date:=Date
                End If
            End If
        End If
    End Sub

Ths code automatically moves the timescale on file open to today's date.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:10 AM