Windows 7 Dual Screen Not Detecting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

So I have 2 monitors set up on my system. They both used to work in dual screen mode but then the secondary monitor just stopped working (a few months ago). Windows 7 will not detect my secondary monitor. Both monitor are plugged in directly to the video card via the 2 DVI connection. Any help would be appreciated.

System specs:

• Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
    • Primary Monitor: Acer X223W 22"
    • Secondary Monitor: I-INC CY199D 19"
    • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    • Pentium D 3.2 GHz

Things I have tried:

• Switched DVI Ports on the video card (Acer only works)
    • Switched DVI cables (Acer only works)
    • Tried using only the I-INC monitor with either cable in either port, didn't help
    • All drivers are up to date
    • Plugged I-INC monitor into laptop and it works perfectly as a second display

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, May 14, 2011 5:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

After checking your issue, I suggest to perform these tests to troubleshoot the issue:

1 Unplug all necessary hardware, plug the I-INC monitor as primary monitor, and logon with Safe Mode

2 If the monitor cannot disappear anything, the issue should related with VGA card or VGA cable. In order to determine it, plug Acer monitor on the same port with same cable to check the result.

Furthermore, did you remember what you have done before the issue appeared? Also I suggest to contact hardware manufacturer to check if VGA card has problem.  

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, May 23, 2011 8:19 AM
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 2:44 AM