Unblock a receiver email from junk folder in outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team,

I want to unblock a person email id because whenever the person send me a mail it directly goes into my junk folder. I tried to go to Junk options and unblock the sender but nothing happen. I am using MS Office 2016 home and business edition. My email server is on IMAP.

Please Help !!

Regards,

Rohan

Thursday, April 5, 2018 1:19 PM

All replies

• Have you tried logging into your IMAP account with webmail to see if there is a junk mail rule setup on the server? Outlook may not have control of rules setup on the server via webmail.

Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE
    Broadcast Engineer/I.T. Pro
    MS MVP-Outlook - WA7BGX
    www.rolandschorr.com

Thursday, April 5, 2018 5:48 PM
  • Hi Rohan,

According to my research, this issue could be caused by rules or web mail setting.

In addition to Hal, please also check your rule list to see if you have accidentically set a rule to move messages to Junk folder.

Here is an article for your reference.

(Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft. the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this is hepful to you. If you have more concern about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 6, 2018 1:02 AM
  • Hey Perry,

Thanks for your reply, but I didn't set any rule in outlook or webmail server.

Friday, April 6, 2018 7:18 AM
  • Hi Hal,

I checked with logging into my IMAP account with webmail and there is no rule setup on server. 

Friday, April 6, 2018 7:20 AM
  • Hi Rohan,

Thank you for your update.

From your description, this issue seems to be related with one specific sender. If the sender send messages to others, will messages also be blocked?

Are there any error messages in the Infobar of the message?

In addition to safe list, please also have a look at your block list to see if the email address was added.

Besides, please try testing this in a new profile to see if same issue occurs.

I've researched a lot and found one similiar thread here. Please refer to the reply from our MVP to see if this is the case for you.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 6, 2018 10:43 AM
  • Rohan,

Please have a look at this article, it may help you determine what's moving these messages:

What Moved a Message to the Junk E-mail Folder?

Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE
    Broadcast Engineer/I.T. Pro
    MS MVP-Outlook - WA7BGX
    www.rolandschorr.com

Friday, April 6, 2018 2:31 PM
  • HI Perry,

I tried with creating a new profile in outlook but issue is same.

Messages are not blocked, every time whenever he receive the message from the particular sender the message goes directly into the junk folder.

The sender is not in the blocked list.

Regards,
    Rohan

Monday, April 9, 2018 10:07 AM
  • Hi Rohan,

Any updates with this issue?

To eliminate whether this issue lies on Outlook client, please close Outlook client and then see if the messages still go to Junk Folder on the web mail.

According to the article provided by Hal, we could check the mail tips. If you could not find this in the Infobar of the message, you may turn on Mailtips options.

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:15 AM
    Thursday, April 12, 2018 4:29 AM
  • Hi Rohan,

Haven't heard from you for several days. Any updates?

If you have found the fix, it will be much appreciated that you can share it here so that it will benefit other members in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding and support. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:18 AM