none
Group Policy To Set Browser Proxy Settings

Question

• Hello,

I have a Windows 2008 domain and am trying to set a GP to apply proxy settings to the browser when a domain user logs on. For some reason nothing seems to be happening. The users would log on via Windows 7 Pro workstation or via a thin client that connects to a Windows 2008 server running remote desktop services - neither way is working. From what I understand the group policy should apply to any windows machine that the domain user signs onto.

What I have now - in AD - is an organizational unit (TermServerUsers) and in the OU I have users. then I have a Group Policy Object linked to that OU

The GPO looks like this:

What am I missing. I think when a domain user signs on it should change the IE settings to point to the proxy, and I should see that in the IE settings - but it's not happening.

Thanks!

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 12:25 AM

Answers

• What browser version, if your using anything over IE9 internet explorer maintenance doesnt work you need to set the proxy via a group Policy preference. Or via the registry
    • Proposed as answer by DonPick Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elaine JingModerator Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:37 AM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015 7:27 AM
  • yes, agreed with Alex,if your IE version is more than 9 , then here is the right blog to get you a solution.

https://blog.thesysadmins.co.uk/group-policy-internet-explorer-10-death-iem.html

In another way, you can achieve this by installing RSAT even on a domain machine to configure via gpmc.msc

Regards, Prabhu

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 9:08 AM

All replies