Windows Vista Pro 64 Startup Issue. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Lenovo T400 2764-CTO running Vista Biz 64bit which for about 2 years as not given me much trouble however out of the blue this issue started.

Laptop POSTs fine, however once Windows starts it gets to the Copyright and progress bar then the screen goes blank, HDD activity stops, and the wifi light blinks every few minutes. The Orb never appears and I never got to the log in window.  I have to hold the power button down for 10sec or so to turn off the laptop.

I can boot into All Safe Mode, modes just fine, even have network support.  While in Safe mode, running system health and other diags, nothing comes up with a problem and the C:\ drive has 42gb free.

I was mentioned that the Display Drivers might be at fault, I removed and reinstalled the ATI and the Intel drivers, no change.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 2:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

When did this issue begin to occur? Can you associate with any software\hardware change? I suggest try system restore in Safe Mode or roll back display card driver to check the result.

Also try start up repair here.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:44 AM