printer RRS feed

• Question

• since i put in windows 10, i can't connect to network printing
    Sunday, August 23, 2015 6:09 PM

Answers

• Hi rustyone, 

Thank you for your question. 

Is there an error when we connect to printer?

First, we could contact the vendor of printer to make sure it was supported on Windows 10, and ask if there is a lasted driver on Windows 10 from printer vendor. If not, we could download the lasted driver for printer to check if the issue persist. 

Then make sure we could ping printer without any problems, we could refer to the following link to reset network discover (also apply to Windows 10): 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enable-disable-network-discovery#1TC=windows-7 

If the issue only occur on Windows 10, we could run “SFC /ScanNow” to check if there any errors and post them for our troubleshooting. 

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know. 

Best Regard, 

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:06 AM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 6:21 AM

All replies

• Can you provide more details of the network printer please? i.e. is it shared and another pc or off a server, is a wifi, is shared via a NAS or whatever maybe the case.

How do you connect previously? is that that same in Windows 10? are there any errors?

Sunday, August 23, 2015 8:11 PM
  • Hi rustyone, 

Thank you for your question. 

Is there an error when we connect to printer?

First, we could contact the vendor of printer to make sure it was supported on Windows 10, and ask if there is a lasted driver on Windows 10 from printer vendor. If not, we could download the lasted driver for printer to check if the issue persist. 

Then make sure we could ping printer without any problems, we could refer to the following link to reset network discover (also apply to Windows 10): 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enable-disable-network-discovery#1TC=windows-7 

If the issue only occur on Windows 10, we could run “SFC /ScanNow” to check if there any errors and post them for our troubleshooting. 

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know. 

Best Regard, 

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:06 AM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 6:21 AM