Windows 10 home, recovery doesn't recognize the recovery image RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to restore the 6.4gb recovery image "windows recovery" doesn't recognize it, but it does recognize the recovery location which is in my case is a sd card attached to my "archos 80 cesium" tablet ,and all external drives are recognized

"backup or restor" at control panel can open that same image and extract any files and folders but it doesn't show the "windows directory and its subfolders",

when try to mount that image a massage box popup says "this disk image file is corrupted" . Is there any solution to get it work or at least extract the drivers folder from it,

any help will be greatly appreciated

• Edited by duomham Thursday, August 27, 2015 4:18 AM
    • Moved by BrianEhMVP Thursday, August 27, 2015 2:24 PM
    Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to confirm the current situation. If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, I will be happy to help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by duomham Saturday, September 12, 2015 1:13 PM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:42 AM

All replies

• Hi duomham,

I have been expressed some type removable device can not be recognized, could you try to copy your backup files to others partition on your hard disk and perform the recovery again.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Edited by Alex Lv Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:41 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Alex Lv Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:41 AM
    Monday, August 31, 2015 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm the current situation. If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know, I will be happy to help.

• Marked as answer by duomham Saturday, September 12, 2015 1:13 PM
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 1:42 AM