Error log RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.... can some one be kind enough to tell me the command that gets me to the error log in Windows Vista 32 bit. Some one  tried to sell me a package support for $199.00 a year, lol, he went to a log that I can't find that shows a lot of daily errors, some red, some yellow, what could be causing all those errors? Or is that normal for Vista.... Thank you!
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:49 PM

All replies

• Go to Start > Run, type in eventvwr and press Enter. The Application, Security, and System logs are the ones you need to look at. If there's anything there you can't figure out, usually an online search for the Event ID (error code) will find you the information you need to deal with it.

SC Tom

Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:05 PM
  • this guy that tried to sell you a support package, was he an actual human being giving a demo to you in person, or did "he" just start displaying those errors while you were running internet explorer?

I have occasionally gone to a website that displayed completely bogus and made up error messages, flashing them by so fast that at first I almost thought: "wow, they have software that can access my system remotely to display problems it has. Where do I send the cheque?". Then I realized that what I should have thought was: "gee, all I have to do is develop a website that will display errors and ask for money, and I'll be rich!".

Al Dunbar

Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:22 PM
  • He was actually having control of my computer thru logmein123.com and yes this "human being" show me a lot of errors that I could not find on the event viewer, lol. He just wanted to sell me the package!

Jorge M Ramirez

Friday, April 20, 2012 2:17 PM
  • Thanks a lot for you help!

Jorge M Ramirez

Friday, April 20, 2012 2:18 PM
  • Hi,

As your OS version is Windows Vista, please paste the issue here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowsvistaitpro

They will be more helpful to fixing your problem.

Kim Zhou

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Kim Zhou Thursday, May 3, 2012 1:34 AM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:54 AM