can't add clients email address to the "TO" in an email using the enterprise Global address list RRS feed

• Question

• ...the title says it all... if I click the "to" in a blank email the global address list opens, I select the recipient and it goes in the "to" at the bottom of the global address list. I click ok and nothing happens , it should fill in the "to" on the email.

WINDOWS 10 1709 , OFFICE 365

ENTERPRISE enabled.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 1:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this issue happen to all address books in the list? What if we select a recipient from the Contacts folder or a custom contacts folder in the list?

We may also try to manually type the full email address of an recipient in the To field of the 'Select Name: Offline Global Address List' dialog and then click OK to see whether the manually typed email address will be populated in the 'To' field on the new email window.

If this issue only happens when select a contact from the Offline Global Address List, we may consider to recreate the local OAB file to see whether it helps. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 3:06 AM
  • if I manually type in the address the address "hints" kicks in and it shows all the email address previously typed with whatever the first letter of the email address. yes it happens to all address books.
    Tuesday, July 24, 2018 3:27 AM
  • Thank you for the update.

Have you tried testing this within Outlook safe mode? Exit Outlook first, press Win key and R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and hit Enter.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, July 30, 2018 10:33 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2018 9:17 AM