Change measure in navigate background - Sort by name RRS feed

• Question

• In a decomposition tree the Change measures shows up in an undetermined order. How do you have them render sorted by name.

Thanks,

Larry

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Larry,

The measures in my Change Measure box are listed by folder, then alphabetically.  I'm using SSAS 2008 Adventure Works.  I'm not sure how to change the order of the members in SSAS but you may want to see if there's a way you can match what AdvWorks is doing.  Let me know what you find or if you have any other questions.

-Joey

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:29 PM
  • Joey,

Well basically, it is displaying in the order of measures and measure groups and then the calculated members in th cube. The Functionality I am looking for would need to be on the proclarity end.  In SSAS you can move your Measures up and down in the measures grid, so you can do a Sort yourself, but the calculated measures will automatically come after the cube measures and some of those calculated members will need to be in a specific order if they are dependent on the calculated measure before. So it looks like you can get your basic cube measures sorted by moving the order and possibility some of the calculated measure but they will come after the cube measures. Also, after the calculated members are presented, the KPI's if you have them are presented. This could be very confusing if your calculated measures are named the same as the KPI's. 

Larry  

Friday, April 30, 2010 7:07 PM