none
Customising FIM portal - username format RRS feed

All replies

• Hello James2k8

Can you be specific about what you are trying to do? Do you want to change the display of the SSPR portal? Which page and value are you referring to ?

Almero Steyn (http://www.puttyq.com) [If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or "Helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.]

Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:31 AM
  • Hi,

I'd like to change th username format in the password registration page to say Firstname Surname, instead of domain\username.  Is this possible?

Many thanks.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:30 AM
  • James,

By doing this, i suspect you might end up with conflicts for those users who have same "First Name" and "Surname". I believe you shall not think of doing this, or if your Firstname and Surnames are unique values then only think of doing this.

Regards,
    Manuj Khurana

• Proposed as answer by Manuj Khurana Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:57 PM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 12:57 PM
  • Hello,

For me, it's not possible to change the user name format because it's probably hardcoded:

you can change the  text value for "PasswordGateUsernameTextFormat" <i>(logged in as: <b>{0}</b>)</i> but user name is set with the "{0}" symbol and it's probably set wich the String.Format() method.

Regards,

Sylvain

Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:00 PM
  • I don't think it's possible - the field asks you for a string values as during your login to domain, so you can login with "NETBIOSname\accountName" or "upnName@upn.domain.suffix". It is rather not possible to change. Even it would be technically possible, I don't think it would be supported.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Proposed as answer by Manuj Khurana Friday, July 18, 2014 11:29 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:12 PM