Exchange 2010 SP1 with ActiveSync Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Since working with Exchnage 2010 SP1 and installed Rollup Package 3 v3 I have Problems with Calendar Entries on iPhones and Windows Phone 7. If I create an Entry with duration more than 24 hours thru Outlook Client or OWA, iPhone and WP7 shows  fullday Entries.

I`ve read about some ActiveSync Update 14.1 included in SP1 for Exchange and I`ve compare the Activesync Entries in OWA. Without installed SP1 it doesn`t show me the ActiveSync Version like the SP1 Installation..

As more for Testing the iPhones and WP7 are handled thru AS Version 14 with this Issue and the Android Pendant is working fine with AS Version 12.

Maybe an Issue since AS Version 14 and now my Question

Is there a possibility to change the ActivSync Version for a Device with Powershell or else ?

Kind regards

René

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 10:55 AM

Answers

• Hi James and thanks for Reply

How can I get snapshot of a warning message doesn`t exist ? Is there a way to check some special generated log-file ? The Smartphones doesn`t show any errors to.

The Servers where installed all new, there wasn`t any migration of someone or something. Each Network is different in Names, Outlook-Migrations are not especialy affectet to this Issue cause of Export from Old Exchange Server via PST-Files and new Users without any Import are affectet to the same Issue.

In each way it was possible to reproduce this issue. The Third SBS 2011....same Issue :-S

Any Idea what I can do next ?

Kind Regards

René

• Marked as answer by CLE Computer Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:07 AM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From the problem description, I understand that some IPhones and Windows Phone 7 users have problem with Calendar entries. And the issue occurred after installing the Exchange server 2010 Service Pack 1.

And the error message is related to the ActiveSync version, there is one thing we need to clarify the ActiveSync version depends on the Exchange server version. It’s not configurable.

There is one known issue in the Exchange server 2010 SP1, there is a link for your reference:

Title: Exchange 2010 SP1 FAQ and Known Issues

URL: http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2010/09/01/3410888.aspx

And there are some questions need your confirmation.

1.      How many users are affected? All users or some specific users?

2.      What the error message you have received on the website: https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

3.      Could you please let me know whether the issue could be reproduced on the OWA or not?

If you could provide a snapshot towards the issue, it would be better.

Thx,

James

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:17 AM
  • Hi James and thanks much for your Answere

This Issue doesn`t seems to be Known. In this case I`ve installed a second Exchange 2010 SP1, and there is the same Issue with same Problems.

ActiveSync as self is working fine, all went OK. Contacts, Calendar Entries less the 24H, Mails. The Online Analyzer Tool https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/  told me the same, No Error reported. And localyzed that ActiveSync Version 14.1 is working.

About the Exchange-Installations

2xWindows 2011 Small Business Server Up-2-Date  with this Issue

1xWindows 2008 R2 Ent-Serv. with Exchange 2010 without SP1- no Issues

Here Ar the Answere for

1. Each User with iPhone or Windows Phone7 or iPad is Affected on each SBS Server we`ve installed

2. No error-Messages on https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/  all went ok

3. Make a Test-Procedure with SBS 2011 an try it your self, i think u can reproduce it on each Installation.

Thank You whery much for all and hopefull to fix it

With kind regards

René

Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:12 AM
  • Hi,

From your description, I understand that all users (IPhone and Windows Mobile 7) are affected with the calendar entries. And there is no error message on the https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/. So it proved that the configurations on the server are correct. At the same time, you have tested that the issue could be reproduced on the OWA client.

Could you please paste a snapshot of the warning message related to the AS version? I think it a checkpoint here. And let me know whether this users are migrated from the previous version of the Exchange server?

Thx,

James

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, June 20, 2011 9:21 AM
  • Hi James and thanks for Reply

How can I get snapshot of a warning message doesn`t exist ? Is there a way to check some special generated log-file ? The Smartphones doesn`t show any errors to.

The Servers where installed all new, there wasn`t any migration of someone or something. Each Network is different in Names, Outlook-Migrations are not especialy affectet to this Issue cause of Export from Old Exchange Server via PST-Files and new Users without any Import are affectet to the same Issue.

In each way it was possible to reproduce this issue. The Third SBS 2011....same Issue :-S

Any Idea what I can do next ?

Kind Regards

René

• Marked as answer by CLE Computer Tuesday, June 21, 2011 6:07 AM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 5:57 AM