I'm getting error messages related to macros, unable to activate my spelling and grammar check, getting notifications that I'm using a trial version. RRS feed

• Question

• First, I noticed I was unable to use the grammar/spell check feature on MS Word 2010, followed by error messages stating the following regarding marco language support:

This error usually occurs because of macro security settings. If you know that the macro comes from a source that you trust, you can change your macro security settings to allow you to enable the macro.
    If the file opens in Protected View, click Enable Editing, and then click Enable Content. Editing functions are restored and the active content, including macros, will run. This file is now trusted; security prompts will no longer appear unless the file is opened on another computer.
    After checking, I saw a notice stating I was using a trial version of MS Office, however, I had purchased and downloaded a genuine version last year.  What should I do? 
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:08 AM

Answers

• Assuming you have the setup file of the downloaded geniune version and the product key, I would recommend uninstalling all versions of Office, rebooting the machine, and then reinstalling the full correct version.

Also, make sure that you apply all updates.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com
    • Marked as answer by Rex Zhang Friday, December 2, 2011 1:04 AM
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:22 PM