CM12 Client Deployment question regarding failed Client Check: Internal Error 0x00000259 ccmsetup's version does not match ccmeval's version RRS feed

• Question

• All,

We currently have about half of our machines in CM12 reporting back with a failed Client Check, reporting that "ccmsetup's version does not match ccmeval's version". Upon investigation, we invariably find that there is a C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe with a 4.x version and a C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe with a 5.x version on same machine. Reading other threads regarding this error, it appears to be caused (in our case, anyway) by our installing the CM12 client via GPO directly over a pre-existing CM07 client. We have found that copying the SysWOW64 ccmsetup.exe over top of the other fixes the problem, but I'd like to avoid the problem in the first place. So, to my question:

What options do we have for uninstalling the CM07 client before installing the CM12 client? Client Push (which has been mentioned elsewhere as a fix for the error above) will not work in our environment due to restrictions on File & Printer Sharing, so that's out. What other options are there that will let me either (a) install the CM12 client on 64-bit machines in such a way that there are no parts of the CM07 client left behind to confuse matters, or (b) uninstall the CM07 client completely without having to resort to using sneakernet? Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

- John

- John Straffin, Duke University OIT

Thursday, March 28, 2013 8:31 PM

All replies

• Startup script, like this one: http://blog.configmgrftw.com/?page_id=349

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:11 PM
  • Thanks, Jason. I'll check it out. 

Are there any more straightforward or less "complete" solutions out there? The additional features of this awesome-looking script sound interesting, but for now all we need is a clean install (by removing the previous version). We won't be able to put a script like this one in place until someone has time to read through and understand all 1522 lines and we'd like to have clients installing in a non-error-creating fashion sooner rather than later.  :)  

- John Straffin, Duke University OIT

Friday, March 29, 2013 4:14 PM