External data column showing blank values on edit properties but shows values in view properties RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I have created an external data column using BCS.

Issues.

1. I try to update its value through code.some event receiver is attached on item updating for this document library where external list has been created.No issues in running the code

2.Now when i try to click edit properties on this doc library,i could see blank values for this external data column.But when i try to click view properties i can easily see its value that has been updated using the script.

I could not understand so as what is the reason since script shows no error but the values are not displayed on edit properties but shows on view properties.

I have tried the above with single line of text column and it works fine for this type of column.

so i doubt something wrong with the external data column.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

Friday, October 28, 2011 3:54 PM

All replies

• Hello Ramesh,

Thank you for your post.

This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

Tuesday, November 1, 2011 10:53 AM
  • Hello Ramesh,

Please check your BDC model file and see if you are encoding any of the fieldname for spaces.  Check to see a field without space(s), does it work?

thanks,

Amy

Thursday, December 15, 2011 8:39 PM
  • Hello Ramesh,

Please check your BDC model file and see if you are encoding any of the fieldname for spaces.  Check to see a field without space(s), does it work?

thanks,

Amy

Any one is getting its solution ???
    Wednesday, January 4, 2012 10:52 AM