• Xeon Processor
    • Quadro 9000
    • Dinky Little Thumb Driver Wifi Adapter

The VM:

• 8GB RAM
    • 4 Virtual Processors
    • Hardware Acceleration > Virtual Machine Queue: Set to Off/Disabled
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

All setup on my local PC, no external networking should be required. When I connect to the VM thru the Hypervisor RDP window or via Teamviewer, my Oracle database queries are nice and fast.

However when I do those same queries from the host machine, they tend to run slow at first, like if the device has been sitting a while. They sometimes get fast too... the speed measurement seems to putter like a muffler or something. Sometimes its way to slow, like 2 minutes to retrieve 10 simple database rows... I've tested on the VM and on the host machine the same query simultaneously, the VM is less than .1 seconds to respond, the host machine is long, minutes.

VQM seemed like the most likely cause so I disabled it. The interwebs also recommended disabling it on the physical network adapter, but the setting is found there on this dinky little USB Wifi Adapter.

Any help is appreciated

Thursday, April 11, 2019 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

>>All setup on my local PC, no external networking should be required. When I connect to the VM thru the Hypervisor RDP window or via Teamviewer, my Oracle database queries are nice and fast.

Where did you install the Oracle database? Win10 host or Windows Server 2012 R2?

Please understand , we are not familiar with Oracle database, you might contact Oracle support for further help.

Also check if the following link is helpful:

Troubleshooting Oracle Net Services

https://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:9537306300346379652

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Friday, April 12, 2019 8:07 AM
  • This has absolutely nothing to do with oracle, slow oracle queries outside the VM but not inside the VM is just the symptom of the networking or VM issue. The same slow downs occur with other protocols, ping, SMB, HTTPS...

The oracle database is on the VM, windows server 2012 R2

Friday, April 12, 2019 12:56 PM
  • Hi ,

Sorry for the delayed response.

This is a quick note to let you know that I am currently performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.

If you have any updates during this process, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 8:28 AM