how does one fix or enable the greyed out search tools in outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• hi. i have the same problem now. i have tried indexing options but it doesnt solvve the issue.

please assist.

how does one fix or enable the greyed out search tools (the From, Subject, Has Attachments)? Below is an image from another computer where it is NOT greyed out. In other computers, that "Search" group is greyed out.

Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:31 AM

All replies

• Hi rafida01,

Did you try to repair office on the affected computers?

https://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Repair/Re-install_Outlook_2003,_2007,_2010,_2013,_2016

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:07 AM
    Saturday, March 17, 2018 9:03 AM
  • Hi,

Could you provide the specific build number of your Outlook here? Also, please make sure you have installed all available updates and then see whether this issue continues.

In addition, this issue could happen when there is something wrong with the Windows Search service or Microsoft Outlook is not included in the Indexing scope. To verify this, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type services.msc and press Enter. Check whether the status of Windows Search is Running. If it is stopped, try starting it. If it's already running, try stopping it and then starting it again to see the result.

Follow these steps to verify whether Microsoft is indexed: 

Go to Control Panel > Switch to Large icons view > Indexing Options > Click Modify button to open the Indexed Locations dialog > Make sure you have ticked the checkbox before "Microsoft Outlook", click OK and then restart Outlook to check the result.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:07 AM
    Monday, March 19, 2018 7:02 AM
  • Hello,

Any update here? Is the issue resolved now?

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 10:08 AM