alphabetically order Title of Calendars Recurring Event RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

when we create recurring events The menu where all columns name and sorting order is given does not show Ascending/Descending on Title column.

I want to arrange my recurring events alphabetically. It only shows name of the recursive events to show Ascending/Descending.

any idea how to sort this thing out.

thanks

Aaqib

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:18 PM not a general question (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 12:48 PM

Answers

• Current Events view does not allow sorting by default. You can create a custom view which will let you sort by Staff name. But if you want it to display events based on start time and end time, you will have set filters on the view( via -> 'Modify this view' seen under the list of views on the top right corner of the list view webpart or via Menu bar -> settings -> List settings and click on the view to modify it).

Pls note that Start time and end time do not appear in the list of available Filter columns. You will have to created a new column of type: Calculated (calculation based on other columns) that extracts data from Start time and End time. And then filter your view based on the value in the newly created column. Hope this helps.

Thanks, GeeVed
    • Proposed as answer by Rashu,Rahul Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, August 19, 2011 2:23 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you want your recurring events to be sorted in alphabetical on the calendar view (../lists/calendar/calendar.aspx)?

Thanks, GeeVed
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 8:04 PM
  • Thanks

I actually want it to be done in Current Events View (myItems.aspx). I actually have a field Staff Name and in all other views it shows Ascending/Descending on that field but in my myItems.aspx it dosen't show that instead it shows Sort by name of every person in the Staff Name field.

thanks Aaqib

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:47 AM
  • Current Events view does not allow sorting by default. You can create a custom view which will let you sort by Staff name. But if you want it to display events based on start time and end time, you will have set filters on the view( via -> 'Modify this view' seen under the list of views on the top right corner of the list view webpart or via Menu bar -> settings -> List settings and click on the view to modify it).

Pls note that Start time and end time do not appear in the list of available Filter columns. You will have to created a new column of type: Calculated (calculation based on other columns) that extracts data from Start time and End time. And then filter your view based on the value in the newly created column. Hope this helps.

Thanks, GeeVed
    • Proposed as answer by Rashu,Rahul Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, August 19, 2011 2:23 AM
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 5:00 PM