Windows Mail problem RRS feed

• Question

• I received an error message (below) on an email I attempted to send. The result has been that I cannot delete it, move it and rebooting does nothing. It is still stuck in my outbox and blocks any emails drafted after it.

Any suggestions?

Here is the error message

Message could not be displayed

Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.

Windows Mail

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:01 AM

All replies

•  

I received an error message (below) on an email I have sent it on now I can't remove it. The result has been that I cannot delete it, move it and rebooting does nothing. It is still stuck in my inbox .

Any suggestions?

Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:42 AM
  • I have received this exact same message and since then I can receive mail but unable to send any draft. Can't delete or move the message. The 941090 download has not tectified the problem. Anyone know how to resolve this issue ?? Becoming tedious to say the least.

Saturday, March 8, 2008 5:37 PM
  •  

Need Microsoft patch/URL to remedy this problem in Vista/Windows mail 64. 

An email is "stuck" in the outbox; it blocks all other messages from being sent.

Cannot move, delete or do anything with this email.  Computer scanned, no viruses or worms.

This is the message that appears with any click:

"Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again."

SOS!

Friday, March 14, 2008 9:31 PM
  • I am having the SAME problem and wonder how in the heck to get someone from MS to post a solution!!! How do I get a live person on the line????? I can't find a number to call anywhere on the site!

Saturday, April 5, 2008 3:19 AM
  • message:  windows mail could not display this email. I cannot delete it from my out box or move it. Can you help?

Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:27 PM
  • I am unable to delete 2 emails from the outbox of my Windows Mail. Can you help?

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 5:02 PM
  •  

I am unable to view an e-mail in my inbox getting the same error as all of you has anyone heard anything from microsoft concerning this?
    Thursday, May 8, 2008 12:44 AM
  •  Bowvista wrote:

I received an error message (below) on an email I have sent it on now I can't remove it. The result has been that I cannot delete it, move it and rebooting does nothing. It is still stuck in my inbox .

Any suggestions?

I am unable to delete the outbox stuck mail,

Monday, June 9, 2008 8:16 AM
  • This is a slight variation on the problem that you guys reported.

I have a client that is running Windows Vista, and of course Windows Mail. Her mail database was imported from Outlook Express, on her old Windows XP machine.

When she moved over, one of her many folders in the local folders tree seamed to stuff up messages. Firstly when you put a new message into that folder, the correct information was showed in the list of emails, however when you opened the message (or displayed it in the preview pain), it would show the content of the email at the bottom of the list. Being a bright cookie I did all the Windows updates, and updated to Vista SP1. After the updates were all complete then I went back into Windows Mail to see if the problem was fixed, but sadly not. However there was a change, now when you open the messages Windows Mail reports that it can't open the message (or something to that effect) (it's not quite the same message you guys are seeing, but it's close). 

This problem doesn't seam to be affecting any of her other folders, however it is something I would like to figure out, and if possible it would be good to try and recover the messaged that Windows Mail no longer seams to be able to find.

Does anyone have any ideas?? Or if you think this should be a new thread? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:26 AM