How to display a tag cloud on the search results page? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am looking for a tagcloud solution to be displayed on the search resultspage. We are using Sharepoint 2007 and the codeplex solution faceted search. 

We have a custom keyword functionality where the actual keywords are stored concatenated in a single line of text like "keyword1, keyword2, keyword3,..". I guess usually the tags are stored as a multi-value choice or lookup.

Are there any tagcloud solutions available that can be placed on the search results page?

Thanks

Sven

Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:59 AM

Answers

• Hello,

What is the functionality you are looking for from "Tag cloud on search results page"? Do you need the Tag Cloud to display the most important terms in your result set?

There is no out of the box solution for this in SharePoint 2007.
    However I came across a 3rd party Tag cloud solution that claims that is fully integrated with SharePoint search results and works with SharePoint 2007.
    Please check the link:
    http://www.kwizcom.com/sharepoint-add-ons/sharepoint-tagging-feature/overview/

Please note that I have not used or tested the above as it is 3rd party solution.

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Nishant Shah
    Microsoft Online Community Support

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, September 24, 2012 3:15 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir Liu
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 14, 2012 5:48 AM
  • Hello,

What is the functionality you are looking for from "Tag cloud on search results page"? Do you need the Tag Cloud to display the most important terms in your result set?

There is no out of the box solution for this in SharePoint 2007.
    However I came across a 3rd party Tag cloud solution that claims that is fully integrated with SharePoint search results and works with SharePoint 2007.
    Please check the link:
    http://www.kwizcom.com/sharepoint-add-ons/sharepoint-tagging-feature/overview/

Please note that I have not used or tested the above as it is 3rd party solution.

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Regards,
    Nishant Shah
    Microsoft Online Community Support

• Marked as answer by Emir Liu Monday, September 24, 2012 3:15 AM
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:25 AM