Trying to connect to Projector... but both screens black... Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,
    I have used my computer many time to give presentations on a projector and have had no problems in the past. however the most reacent time i pluged in the HDMI cable and both my screens went black... when I Unplugged it my screen came back. I am using Vista FYI I know there is a screen where i can choose to display my screen when plugged in, but can't get to it. where can i find it or how do i fix? please help.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:48 AM

All replies

• Welcome to Microsoft Answers Forum!

Method 1:

Check if you are using the dual display setup from the Display settings.
    Open the Windows Control Panel, click Classic View, and then double-click Personalization.
    Click Display Settings, and then click Advanced Settings. Under the Monitor tab, check if the both the monitors are selected.

Click OK, and then click OK or Apply.

Check the link “Add second Monitor”:  

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/32edd0db-c229-462a-a670-1fe249afc0ef1033.mspx

Method 2:

Check if the latest drivers are installed for the display adapters.

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

1.  Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.  In Device Manager, locate the device you want to update, and then double-click the device name.

3.  Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver and follow the instructions.

Please try these steps and if it does not work, please get back to us with more information on the issue you are facing.

Thanks,
    Irfan H, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer. Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:28 PM