none
BHOLD Suite Setup fails: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I'm new to FIM.

I've set up the FIM 2010 Test Lab and was trying to install the Microsoft BHOL Suite (BholdCore 5.0.1992.0_Release.msi) now according to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj853090(v=ws.10).aspx

Unfortunately it throw me an error after completing the last (8.) step:

Microsoft BHOL Suite - Core Setup

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Did anybody experience the same issue or know, how I can solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Ronin

I appreciate it very much if you vote my Replies as Helpful or Mark as Answer if I could help you out. Thanks!

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The user was already sa in SQL, but I figured out that the SQL Server only had ~1GB free storage. After resizing the disk the free storage increased to ~15GB and the installation finally completed without any issues!

Thanks again, that helped me a lot

I appreciate it very much if you vote my Replies as Helpful or Mark as Answer if I could help you out. Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Ronin47 Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:02 AM
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:02 AM

All replies

• Ronin47,

I believe there is a BHOLD Logs folder created by default during install. I thought that there was file created automatically if install fails. Please check this.....if not, I would run this again using

MSIEXEC /I <package> /l*v <Logfile>

to get more detailed information......................

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:05 AM
  • Hi 투표하기

Thanks for your answer.

I tried running it as suggested and now I got a different, more specific error:

Microsoft BHOLD Suite - Core Setup

Error -2147217900: failed to create SQL database: B1, error detail: CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors..

after the 1st error another one appeared which stated, that the DROP DATABASE failed as well

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:02 PM
  • Make sure the installing accounts is an SA in SQL and also in the Administrators group for the machine on which you are attempting the install.
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:42 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The user was already sa in SQL, but I figured out that the SQL Server only had ~1GB free storage. After resizing the disk the free storage increased to ~15GB and the installation finally completed without any issues!

Thanks again, that helped me a lot

• Marked as answer by Ronin47 Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:02 AM
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:02 AM