none
How can I clone a windows 10 computer without VMWare.

Question

• I am currently attempting to deploy Windows 10 to a closed network in a training environment.  We have a server running  Windows Server 2012 loaded on a machine and have a network comprised of multiple switches with one switch operating in a layer 3 role.  We have DHCP and WDS running on the machine and WDT loaded on the machine with the windows 10 APK.  I do not have and have no way to gain, access to VMWare but have set up a laptop with all of the software and settings we want to deploy. All of the computers will be identical to the source machine and this has to be deployed to 175 computers. I currently am not finding a tutorial on how I can pull that computers OS and turn it into a .wim. If there is another way to accomplish this deployment in a quick fashion I would also be interested in learning of it.
    Tuesday, September 11, 2018 7:11 PM

All replies

• You can use Microsoft Deployment tool kit which is a free Tools. MDT depend on Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Window ADK) as well and make sure you download the latest version. down these two files and install it into your server. u will need RJ45 cable after that to connect between your MDT and source machine. Make sure the network is not static as during sysprep and capture , your IP address will be wipe out and will not be able to establish the connection.  the capture images will be in .wim format and u can set up Windows Deployment Services (WDS) after that to deploy over the network. Microsoft Website have the document to get you started how to use MDT. I learn through YouTube and it only took me a day how to use it back then.
    Monday, September 17, 2018 3:49 AM