none
Synaptics driver update for Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

Question

• I am running Windows 10 on an Acer and recently downloaded and installed the update for the Synaptic touchpad (January 17, 2017).  After rebooting my laptop, I can use the touch pad to move the cursor when logging in, but once the system as loaded, I cannot move the cursor using the touch pad.  I can left-click and right-click, and shrink and expand on the touch pad, but have no control over the cursor.  I currently have a mouse attached to the computer in order to move the cursor.

When I click on the link for more information about the update, there currently is no information.  Quite frustrating.

Please advise as how to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:08 PM

All replies

• Contact Acer Technical Support and ask them.

Or uninstall the update.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:54 PM
  • Uninstalling the update for that specific update is not available
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:45 PM
  • Then your only option is to contact Acer as they has sole responsibility for the functioning of their products, both hardware and software.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:26 PM
  • Uninstalling the update for that specific update is not available

Then there is another option-Go for a System Restore.

Select any earlier Restore Point when there was no such issue.

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Friday, January 20, 2017 12:35 AM
  • Hi,

I recommend to contact Acer support to feedback the driver issue.

In my sight, please open Device manager and roll back the driver to an older version which worked fine before Manufacture update this driver again:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc732648(v=ws.11).aspx 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 20, 2017 7:48 AM
  • Totally same situation here with Acer V5-473G. The driver does not offer roll-back option.
    Friday, January 20, 2017 2:43 PM
  • Totally same situation here with Acer V5-473G. The driver does not offer roll-back option.

Just download the older version of driver from manufacturer's website, and do the reinstallation.

Please also feedback your issue to Acer, we can just wait for Acer's update.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 3:44 PM
  • Hi, 

We have not heard from you in a couple of days. Please post back at your convenience if we can assist further.

Monday, February 6, 2017 9:41 AM