Database Grooming Not Working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have set up my database grooming in the Global Settings and its not working I still have alerts which are not being auto resolved and things sitting there from 17Days ago when the grooming is set to groom older than 4 days.

Can anyone explain why this is happening or how to resolve the issue?

Many Thanks

James

Monday, July 11, 2011 9:53 AM

Answers

• Hi James,

Thank you for your post.

The Global Settings days means the retention time for automatic resolution of alerts. Some alerts like critical error alerts need 90 days to auto set to resolved by default, so you need to set these alerts to resolved manually if you want to delete them from database. More details please refer to Default Grooming Settings article.      

If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,
    Rick Tan
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:42 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

Thank you for your post.

The Global Settings days means the retention time for automatic resolution of alerts. Some alerts like critical error alerts need 90 days to auto set to resolved by default, so you need to set these alerts to resolved manually if you want to delete them from database. More details please refer to Default Grooming Settings article.      

Regards,
    Rick Tan
    Friday, July 15, 2011 9:42 AM
  • Hello,

If I set the critical alerts to auto resolve in say 5 days would it auto resolve them in 5 days as this is what its not doing?

Many Thanks

James

Monday, July 25, 2011 8:50 AM
  • Hi James,

Thank you for your updates.

Run the MOMX Partitioning and Grooming job manually in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio console if you want to groom the data immediately. Please refer to this article for details.

Regards,
    Rick Tan
    Monday, July 25, 2011 9:36 AM
  • Thanks for that :)

I have run that job manually and its come backw ith the same amount of alerts awaiting grooming which is over 600. So its not made any diffrence...

Do you know why this would not work?

Many Thanks

James

Monday, July 25, 2011 10:03 AM
  • Hi James,

In SQL Server console, select DB OnePoint--right click New Query, execute the query command to find if any records resolved  4 days earlier today:

SELECT TimeResolved FROM dbo.Alert WHERE (ResolutionState=255)

Regards,
    Rick Tan
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 2:43 AM
  • it rerturns 2579 results they are all saying 25th and 26th of this month so I presume irts working then!

Many Thanks

James

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 8:56 AM