Dial in Conferencing RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

Okay so I have my Lync server connected to the asterisk system. Calls going out works perfect. Same with calling in. Now I have set a dial in number for the conferencing service. It answers, "Welcome to the audio conferencing center" Great! So I put in the conf id, say my name, then it trys to connect to the conf. I get this is event viewer:

User failed to join the conference.

Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.ConferenceFailureException:The operation failed due to a response from the server. For more information, examine the properties on the exception and inner exception.

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SipAsyncResult`1.ThrowIfFailed()

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.Helper.EndAsyncOperation[T](Object owner, IAsyncResult result)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.McuSession.EndSendCommandInternal(IAsyncResult result)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.AudioVideo.AudioVideoMcuSession.EndTransfer(IAsyncResult result)

at Microsoft.LiveServer.Caa.CaaCall.EndTransfer(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean& retry, Exception& caught)

Detected at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()

at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.ConferenceFailureException..ctor(String message, Exception innerException)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.Conferencing.SendCommandAsyncResult.ProcessCccpResponse(SipMessageData messageData, responsetype response, Boolean& isPendingResponse)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.Conferencing.SendCommandAsyncResult.ProcessStatusMessage(SipMessageData statusMessageData, responsetype response)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.Conferencing.StatusMessageReceivedWorkItem.Process()

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.AsyncWorkitemQueue.ProcessItems()

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SerializationQueue`1.ResumeProcessing()

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SerializationQueue`1.ResumeProcessingCallback(Object state)

at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.QueueWorkItemState.ExecuteWrappedMethod(WaitCallback method, Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)

at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

Cause: Administration issues.

Resolution:

Verify that Conferencing Attendant is installed in a supported topology and the dependant Front End servers are functioning correctly.

HELP??!!

Monday, November 29, 2010 2:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Cal,

Can you please verify that you selected the check box for "Conferencing, which includes audio, video and application sharing" on the properties of your front end server in topology builder?  If not, can you please check the box, publish the topology and re-run the deployment wizard?  If it's already selected try bouncing the service, I had an issue after the initial install at one location and restarting the conferencing services corrected it.

Hope this helps!

-kp

Kevin Peters blog: www.ocsguy.com MVP Communications Server, MCITP: Enterprise Administration | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Monday, November 29, 2010 11:15 PM
  • I'm also facing the same exact issue. I would dial in the conference from my cell phone, select "leader", then enter my pin. The service says "now joining the meeting" After a few seconds it says "Sorry I can't seem to  connect you to the meeting...etc" If I were to join the meeting as an attendee, I would be put on hold because the leader has not entered the meeting. After that I would use another phone and dial in as a leader and everything gets dropped.
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:06 AM
  • Having same issue here as well. Applied CU1 updates, have enabled/disabled refer support on the trunk config...still won't join a user to the conference. We can call a user from the conference service, and someone in Lync Attendee or the web can request to be called...just can't dial in directly to it. Any ideas would be great...this is the only issue we have left preventing us from being fully functional.
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:27 PM
  • Cal:

Having the same issue here on a fresh install. I've verified that Conferencing is enabled on this front end server, published the topology again, installed components again, and lastly bounced the service. Nothing has resolved this. Getting event 33060:

Log Name:      Lync Server
    Source:        LS Conferencing Attendant
    Date:          5/8/2011 1:01:09 AM
    Event ID:      33060
    Task Category: (1300)
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      lync.lab.local
    Description:
    User failed to join the conference.

Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.ConferenceFailureException:The operation failed due to a response from the server. For more information, examine the properties on the exception and inner exception.
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.Helper.EndAsyncOperation[T](Object owner, IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.McuSession.EndSendCommandInternal(IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.AudioVideo.AudioVideoMcuSession.EndTransfer(IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.LiveServer.Caa.CaaCall.EndTransfer(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean& retry, Exception& caught)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.ConferenceFailureException..ctor(String message, Exception innerException)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.Conferencing.SendCommandAsyncResult.ProcessCccpResponse(SipMessageData messageData, responsetype response, Boolean& isPendingResponse)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.Conferencing.SendCommandAsyncResult.ProcessStatusMessage(SipMessageData statusMessageData, responsetype response)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.Conferencing.StatusMessageReceivedWorkItem.Process()
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.SerializationQueue`1.ResumeProcessingCallback(Object state)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Signaling.QueueWorkItemState.ExecuteWrappedMethod(WaitCallback method, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
       at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)
    Cause: Administration issues.
    Resolution:
    Verify that Conferencing Attendant is installed in a supported topology and the dependant Front End servers are functioning correctly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="LS Conferencing Attendant" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="34068">33060</EventID>
        <Level>3</Level>
        <Task>1300</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-05-08T05:01:09.000000000Z" />
        <EventRecordID>400</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Lync Server</Channel>
        <Computer>lync.lab.local</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.ConferenceFailureException:The operation failed due to a response from the server. For more information, examine the properties on the exception and inner exception.
       at Microsoft.LiveServer.Caa.CaaCall.EndTransfer(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean&amp; retry, Exception&amp; caught)
       at Microsoft.Rtc.Collaboration.Conferencing.SendCommandAsyncResult.ProcessCccpResponse(SipMessageData messageData, responsetype response, Boolean&amp; isPendingResponse)
       at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)</Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

Sunday, May 8, 2011 5:19 AM
  • same issue anyone find a fix
    David Ulrich
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:59 PM
  • I was able to resolve by using the following trunk config to Lync. Originally I didn't have the dtmfmode, disallow and allow, so it failed with the reinvite. After adding these, it now works. Hope this helps.

host=10.128.12.9

transport=tcp

port=5060

insecure=very

type=peer

fromdomain=involtadc.local

promiscredir=yes

qualify=no

context=from_lync

canreinvite=yes

dtmfmode=RFC2833

disallow=all

allow=alaw&ulaw

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:51 PM
  • I have the same problem.  Found this "trunk config to Lync" in a few blogs......  What does it mean?  Where do I set it up?  Is it on IP Gateway?

Thank you.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:25 PM
  • I am having the exact same issue as you were.... did you ever manage to resolve?
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:47 PM