Word 2010 custom template order RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have managed to create and deploy a set of custom Word templates but I am having trouble setting the order of the templates. I have created the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\Spotlight\Providers but the order of the templates is seemingly governed by the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common\Spotlight\Content key.

What I want to be able to do is display the templates in alphabetical order by template name. This must be possible but I'm struggling with this.

Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 9:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Since the issue is more relate to the end-user, I'd like to move it to Word IT pro forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 8:02 AM
  • Hi,

If you want to display the templates in alphabetical in Word 2010, based on my tested in my environment, I found the issue is related to order of the templates in config.xml.

We may try to make the "featuredtemplate title" in alphabetical order.

o:featuredtemplate title="Template 1"

For more detailed information and steps, please refer to the following links:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/wordonenotesupport/archive/2012/01/03/deploycustomtemplates.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc178976.aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/aa140287(v=office.10).aspx

Thanks

George Zhao
    Forum Support

• Marked as answer by George123345 Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:12 AM
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:59 AM
  • Also, take a look at File New Variations in the Versions of Word.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

• Marked as answer by George123345 Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:12 AM
    Saturday, June 7, 2014 11:12 PM

• Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Thanks

George Zhao
    Forum Support

Monday, June 9, 2014 1:06 AM
  • Hi,
    I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.
    If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Thanks

George Zhao
    Forum Support

Thursday, June 12, 2014 8:13 AM
  • Hi George,

I have a similar issue to the above.  I have created and deployed a set of custom but I cant set the order of the templates.  In fact I am listing them as below in my config.xml file but they are displaying randomly:

<!-- TEMPLATE 1 -->
    <!-- TEMPLATE 2 -->

<!-- TEMPLATE 3 -->

I expect it from Left to right in word 2010, it should display 1 then 2 and 3, 4, 5 and so on but seems to not do that.  The order seems to be like 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 4 etc..  It doesnt seem to be sorting it alphabetically or numerically so I am a bit confused as to what order it is sorting them in at all?

Your assistance is most appreciated in this regards

regards

Krishna

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 1:11 AM