Upgraded from Vista to win 7 and lost inches of screen RRS feed

• Question

• I upgraded from Vista to Win 7 on my Toshiba Laptop. The installation went well as far as I can tell. The problem is the screen lost more then an inch and a half on the top and the same on the bottom. Is there anything I can do to get back the part of the screen that's been lost? Hoping someone can help. Thank you. Angelyne
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 2:04 AM

Answers

• You need to go to the Toshiba Support website and download the Windows 7 compatible drivers and software utilites for your specific model and series laptop.  Without the needed hardware drivers and software utilities from Toshiba you may never get Windows 7 to be fully functional on your Toshiba laptop.

You may also find that some of your laptop hardware is not supported by Toshiba in Windows 7, in which case you will have to see if you can find the appropriate drivers and utilities solutions by search the internet.  Hardware drivers and software utilites are not written by Microsoft and they are not supplied by Microsoft.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, August 6, 2010 8:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:23 AM
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 12:18 PM
  • thank you so much for replying. I went to the Toshiba site they want you to register and therefore pay in order to d/load driver updates etc. I am going to try calling Toshiba tomorrow and see what they say. I dont want to register and pay just incase it doesnt work out. Hopefully they'll be able to help me. Thanx again for the info.

angelyne

Monday, August 2, 2010 3:25 AM

All replies

• You need to go to the Toshiba Support website and download the Windows 7 compatible drivers and software utilites for your specific model and series laptop.  Without the needed hardware drivers and software utilities from Toshiba you may never get Windows 7 to be fully functional on your Toshiba laptop.

You may also find that some of your laptop hardware is not supported by Toshiba in Windows 7, in which case you will have to see if you can find the appropriate drivers and utilities solutions by search the internet.  Hardware drivers and software utilites are not written by Microsoft and they are not supplied by Microsoft.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, August 6, 2010 8:32 AM
    Sunday, August 1, 2010 12:18 PM
  • thank you so much for replying. I went to the Toshiba site they want you to register and therefore pay in order to d/load driver updates etc. I am going to try calling Toshiba tomorrow and see what they say. I dont want to register and pay just incase it doesnt work out. Hopefully they'll be able to help me. Thanx again for the info.

angelyne

Monday, August 2, 2010 3:25 AM