none
Gantt Chart Formats - Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to configure Gantt Chart Formats for my Project Center and bumped into the following questions:

• What are the differences between the Personal Gantt (Tasks), Gantt Assign Info, Gantt Chart (Views) etc?
    • How can I select the Gantt Chart to be shown when opening a Project Schedule in the PWA?
    • Where is the sense in setting up formating of a Task for a view in the Project Center (as here only the Summary Tasks are displayed...)?
    • Can I add lets say additional lines when formating the Gantt Chart?
    • Can you confirm that they are entirely different from These in the Client Version?

Thank you for your answer!

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 2:37 PM

Answers

• Levelling Gantt and Tracking Gantt are also on View-Level? Yes indeed, you can use those view at project center level or project detail level (view level, in the schedule page).
    • Am I right that it is not possible to Aggregate specific milestones in Project Center like the Finish Milestone in the Client Version (see below)? Indeed it is not possible to rollup milestones in the Gantt chart views in the PWA Project center.
    • Is there the possibility to add text (like "Finish") to the Gantt Chart in PWA / Project Center? No you cannot customize the text style on the bar in the Project Center.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Heiner Krüger Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:27 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Heiner,

Let's try to answer your questions:

• What are the differences between the Personal Gantt (Tasks), Gantt Assign Info, Gantt Chart (Views) etc? There are different gantt charts. For example the personal gantt will be used for the "personal" views, such as my assignments, my work... The tracking and leveling gantts will be used for the tracking and leveling views (with critical path and baseline) and the project center gantt will be for the project center views. The detail gantt will be used in the project detail view (slippage).
    • How can I select the Gantt Chart to be shown when opening a Project Schedule in the PWA? The Gantt chart has to be selected in the project view. Go to "server settings", "manage views", then pick up one view in the "project" section (those are the views used in the schedule PDP) and in the "format view" section, you'll be able to select one of the gantt chart. Note that when you go to the schedule page of a project, the last view used by you on this project will be chosen by default.
    • Where is the sense in setting up formating of a Task for a view in the Project Center (as here only the Summary Tasks are displayed...)? In the project center gantt (gantt chart and tracking), you'll see that there is no formatting at task level but only at summary level. 
    • Can I add lets say additional lines when formating the Gantt Chart? No you cannot, you can only use the available items, but you can select or unselect the "display" check box in order to make the item visible or not.
    • Can you confirm that they are entirely different from These in the Client Version? Indeed, those gantt chart are specific to PWA views only, they are not applicable to the client (MS Project Pro).

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 7:22 AM
  • Ok thanks a lot Guillaume! Some further Points:

• Levelling Gantt and Tracking Gantt are also on View-Level?
    • Am I right that it is not possible  to Aggregate specific milestones in Project Center like the Finish Milestone in the Client Version (see below)?
    • Is there the possibility to add text (like "Finish") to the Gantt Chart in PWA / Project Center?

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 7:48 AM
    • Levelling Gantt and Tracking Gantt are also on View-Level? Yes indeed, you can use those view at project center level or project detail level (view level, in the schedule page).
    • Am I right that it is not possible to Aggregate specific milestones in Project Center like the Finish Milestone in the Client Version (see below)? Indeed it is not possible to rollup milestones in the Gantt chart views in the PWA Project center.
    • Is there the possibility to add text (like "Finish") to the Gantt Chart in PWA / Project Center? No you cannot customize the text style on the bar in the Project Center.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Heiner Krüger Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:27 AM
    Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:06 AM