Computer keeps freezing up. RRS feed

• Question

• DIDN"T KNOW WHICH FORUM TO PUT THIS IN.  SORRY

This is one of the error messages I'm getting in event viewer

\SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\hwinterface.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

here is another

Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D

and another

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:

hwinterface

My brother change the CPU fan and put in a 3rd fan for me.  When he checked it, of course it worked properly.  Now that I have it back home, its acting up again. 

I'm not very tech savvy, so if you have the answer, please use laymans terms.  Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Does any error appears when you turn on your PC?

Run Windows Update and install all updates.

If there was any error and Windows start to collect data and ask to send them, please do so.

Check Action Center in Control Panel and see if there is any message there.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:38 AM
  • Other than when it restarted by itself and said that it restarted unexpectedly, no other messages.  Now, the computer sounds like it is running fine as far as fans go, but now the monitor has no signal. . . Motherboard?  I just installed a new GPU, maybe its not working correctly.  I don't have an extra cord (Can't remember if its VGA or DVI, but its the one with the white ends) to test that out, and the new GPU only has the ports for the white one, so I can't test  out the blue on I have.  I can try to reseat the GPU and then the RAM and maybe that will help.   Any other advice will be welcome.  Thanks
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:57 AM
  • Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your Sky Drive and post a link here.

To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files.

For help with Sky Drive see paragraph 9.3:
    http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Hope this helps, Gerry

Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:32 AM
  • Hi,

Also, boot in Clean Boot and Safe Mode to see if the computer still freezes.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by tracycai Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:45 AM
    Monday, July 15, 2013 7:11 AM
  • I asked my brother, who works in IT, about it and he said that it is most likely my motherboard, so he is helping me find a new one and will install it for me.  Hopefully that will take care of the problem. 
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:00 AM