Boot Problem, Black Screen w/ Movable Cursor RRS feed

• Question

• I've checked out the other issues similar to mine, but none have come close to being exactly the same. With that being said I've already tried each solution that has been posted and still I seem to make no progress. 

My issue: Black screen when computer loads Windows, cursor is movable. NO CTRL ALT DELETE AVAILABLE, no key functions work to do anything.

When computer boots without Windows 7 disc I either get just a blinking carrot or the error message "disk read error". When I try to use my Windows 7 disc I get the computer to load up the disc but when it "starts windows" I get back to my main problem, just a movable cursor and no key functions work at all. I've tried every safe mode and I've tried to use the command prompt but I always come back to the same problem, the black screen with the cursor. When I try safe mode the computer hangs at Loaded: \windows\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys for a minute or two. For some reason not one option works when I load up the Windows disc using F8 to get to the options. When it does load up safe mode I still get to same problem. Nothing seems to avoid coming back to the black screen with the cursor, nothing I press works on the computer... So far.

The computer is a Toshiba Satellite laptop. 4GB ram, Phenom x64 processor, ATI GPU Windows 7.

If this wasn't a laptop I know I could just pull the hard drive and work on it from there by deleting the OS and reinstalling. I seem to be stuck every situation and nothings working. I have Windows XP, Windows Vista Ultimate, and Windows 7 and honestly it doesn't matter what OS gets installed on the computer as long as I can get to the option to delete the current OS. But I guess this new Windows 7 doesn't just give you the option to delete the partition on the hard drive like the old XP did? I don't know how to do the check disk either, I don't think? 

Please help with this situation, I'm getting very frustrated with all the dead ends I seem to keep running into.

I greatly appreciate the help before hand,

Thanks,

-Chris.

Saturday, October 30, 2010 6:37 PM

Answers

• i think u need to upgrade ur Bios..

try this .

and tell me if it work

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, November 8, 2010 1:14 AM
    Sunday, October 31, 2010 1:13 AM